Monday, 11 August 2014

Travel and Catching Up


Hallo everyone! 

So it's been a while, and I'm sorry, but I've been jetlagged, bedridden, anxious, all of the above. But I had the most incredible time in the Baltic. There were even been times where I didn't social media in days! Say what!

I've been pretty lucky to be travelling with two of my favourite people in the world, my wonderful partner Oskar and my excellent friend Billy. Fun fact: Billy is the one responsible for the naming of my blog, so props to him, even if it has meant that you can't search my blog name without Google auto-correcting the search to pictures of savoury pancakes. Baby steps.

I don't have much in the way of witty academic repartee to bestow upon y'all today, so I'm just going to post one of many outfits I put together on my travels. There will be more ( much more- my camera is full!) later :-)



I got this lovely vintage skirt at my favourite op-shop back at home, and on this particular day threw it on with one of Billy's spare t-shirts, largely because it was boiling and didn't want to ruin my own clothes with sweat (sorry Billy). 

I wore my brown brogues until they finally died. I am actually still wearing them though. I don't think I will ever learn. 


Shirt: Thanks Billy
Skirt: Thrifted
Socks: Also Billy's
Shoes: Thrifted. Oh my gosh I need to throw them out.
Bag: Antique from Egypt
Gold Bangle: Family heirloom
Rings: Antiques from Helsinki
Choker: From a friend
Necklace: A birthday present from my boyfriend from when we last went to Estonia. It's a beautiful gold love-heart/ swan!

 Now introducing one of the most incredible things I found on my travels:



I got these rings from the same antique shop, and they're silver. The one on my thumb is an antique Finnish graduation ring. Finnish school leavers used to get rings made with their school crest on it, and on the inside they would engrave the year they would all meet again. I super love that idea, so this ring seems really special to me. I can't quite make out the date, but I think (?) it says 1954. Maybe.


I have also bought a ridiculous amount of knick knacks and vintage bits and bobs, like this Russian Bambi record. I don't have a record player, but it looks pretty damn cool on my wall.


And here's a picture of the dock in Helsinki just to make you jealous. Ha!


More from me soon! And I mean much more, so be prepared for kitsch overload.

Lots of love!

Katie xxx


9 comments:

  1. looks awesome! love your vintage outfit and the antique bag <3
    and the first photo is kick-ass~

    weirdoland - pigeongray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYAYAY! Katie blog post! I am so excited! :D :D :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh looks like a good time! The detail on the bag is so pretty!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos, looks like you had a wonderful time. I love your outfit and little jewelry details. Plus that record is gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg your purse! I love it so much! that's so nice you got to travel a bit!

    love, polly
    pollybland.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWOW!! I love your outfit and all the things you bought- so pretty! xx
    http://broniasbubble.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. dude, that skirt is amazing, and the rest of these photos are gorgeous!

    http://sonjatitanic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sound of that graduation ring, what a fantastic idea

    ReplyDelete