Wednesday, 1 October 2014

The Importance of Having a Favourite Cardigan



So today I want to introduce you to the greatest cardigan in the whole world.


Isn't it amazing?! It is basically the comfiest and most ridiculous cardigan I own. I am staying with my family in the countryside where it is a little chilly and it's perfect flop-around-in-leggings-and-drink-tea weather. This is legitimately my favourite way to dress, and it's best acceasorised with no bra and un-brushed hair stuffed into a comfy beanie.


I think that it is an incredibly important thing to own a comfy cardi or sweater. Anything that makes you feel happy or snug. I think that we don't give enough value to simple things that make us comfortable. It is so important to love yourself enough to be happy to flop around and still feel really good about yourself. I am infamous for achieving levels of comfort previously thought too far from reach. I am known to go out with blankets, for curling my body up in ways that allow me to be comfortable in any circumstance and for joyously celebrating days (more days than most really) that I don't wear a bra. I think that bras are cute- but I'm not comfortable in one for more than an hour. I'm always embarassing my boyfriend by taking off my bra in the movies and shoving it in my bag. I am also capable of getting dressed safely and efficiently in almost any public space because I A. I cannot be bothered to find a bathroom because B. I am prone to being incredibly lazy and C. I have little to absolutely no shame. 


Because I brought no other shoes with me to my mothers, I've had to factor in some not too comfortable shoes into my super-comfy ensemble. But it was just for a quick thrift shop hop. I also love these boots- I got them second-hand at a market a couple of weeks ago

I’m also wearing a flimsy little feminist choker that I made recently, my favourite antique aqua-marine necklace that I bought in Helsinki and this interesting little perfume bottle necklace I found at a market last week. 


What makes you guys feel the most comfortable and at home? Do you think you give yourself enough snug time? If you identify as a wom*n, do you feel like it's harder for you to occupy the space you need to be truly comfortable? Have you ever shoved your bra into your bag while in public? Answer all of these important questions in the comments below. :-)


Hope you're having a great week guys! 

Love, Katie
Xxx☀️

10 comments:

  1. Being comfy is so important! I wear big fluffy skirts almost everyday because I hate the feeling of forcing my tummy into pants and it also means that I probably take up more space than a woman is meant to ~___^ I also have a cosy black and white jumper that I found at the op shop which I adore; there's nothing better than snuggling into a big knit! It's not as interesting as yours though, the colourwork on that cardigan is incredible! ^___^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big fluffy skirts are the best!!! I like to feel like I am floating on my own private cloud at all times. Xxx

      Delete
  2. That cardigan looks very comfy!<3
    And I think the farthest I've gone is walk around naked in my house in Mexico when no one is there. I used to sleep that way too but now that I live with other people I've bought some very cute pajamas. Hahah
    Have you tried comfy sports bras or the ones they sell for pre-teens? I like those best because they don't feel so tight around you.
    And the most "daring" time I've changed in public was on my school bus. I was flipping my shirt outside-in because there was a "dress code" at my grad night that I couldn't have cared less about and I was wearing an Iron Maiden shirt. Appereantly it was "too racy" for Disneyland. Hahah

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... the people I live with have for the most part gotten used to my various states of undress. I live with close friends and for the most part we are really used to each others bodies. It's weird, because I still have a lot of body image problems, but these don't seem to extend as much into how I feel when I'm naked. I jsut feel comfy and happy :-P

      I have a couple of comfy sports bras which are good except I don't like the way they cut across the top of my torso sometimes. I've just gotten into the idea of pretty and lacy bralettes without support, and have favourited a few on etsy. I think that they're pretty and could also work with sheer tops/ dresses :-)

      Hahaha that's so funny about your school! I went to a fancy stupid school (I was on a scholarship...) and had to wear a really dumb uniform. It would have been too racy for me to like.. have my top button undone. Or to have my skirt above my knees. Oh baby.

      xxx

      Delete
  3. Have to agree with you on the no-bra thing. As soon as I'm in the door after work the bra comes off. Soooo comfy lounging around without one and with pj bottoms and a hoodie on. I probably have more comfy clothes than regular clothes and I have been known to leave the house in my pyjamas if I'm heading out for a short while and know I'll be coming home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't understand when people don't like bras. I live in mine. I have a big chest so I don't like all the flopping around. T_T I don't even like my "bedtime bralette" as the support is so small. But the key is that if I am not wearing a bra, I have to be totally naked.

    My favorite snuggle item would be blankets and men's sweatshirts (if I am in public, far away from blankets) I am always wearing my hubbies football shirts, with the team Giants. I am a Jets fan, both teams based in NYC. We live near Philadelphia so everyone is an Eagle fan. So it is always weird when people comment in public. then I have to explain I like the team that stinks more. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably have mediumish sized breasts now(around a C cup), and I know what you mean. I used to have fairly small breasts and now I sturggle a lot more with floppin about the place, but for me I still have this horrible claustrophobia when I wear a bra with a clasp for too long... it's similar to if I wear shoes and socks for too long actually, and it only makes me feel weird if I think about it too much if that makes sense... Like when you become really aware of the placement of your tongue in your mouth and then you can't figure out where to put your tongue. Oh god that's happening right now. :\

      Haha! Personally, I am usually wearing my boyfriends underwear because frankly it is just way more comfortable than the underwear I own (my butt just eats allll of my undies). It's pretty good to have a boyfriend around the same size as me because I get to wear his things a lot... even if he doesn't *actually* give express permission.

      Xxx

      Delete
  5. I love the cardigan, and I love the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Comfy outfits are the best, I love throwing on a jumper and fluffy socks and calling it a day. Also, this year I made a new years resolution to stop wearing proper bras. I was under the false impression that I had to wear them, and that my boobs would sag if I didn't. Nearly a year later and I haven't looked back in the slightest. I'll wear a flimsy bralette/crop top at most and love feeling so comfortable. It's also made me accept my natural body and boob shape a lot more - I mean come on, who has naturally perfectly spherical boobs??

    Cats in Crop Tops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!?!?! I had the same moment and I would convince myself that my boobs were sagging. But like cmon. Whatever. Boobs are boobs. They're just squishy good. x

      Delete